At Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro, wine and cheese go hand-in-hand. We offer a variety of both cheeses and drinks that will deliciously complement one another. Do you find yourself often stressed and overwhelmed when given the wine and/or cheese list at a restaurant? You’re not alone! Many people love treating themselves to a glass of wine, but most do not know what wines compliment certain meats and cheeses. There is intricacy behind cheese boards, and there is always so much to learn when it comes to wine! If you have been in search of a yummy restaurant in Farmingdale that offers an extensive wine and cheese menu, consider making a reservation with Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro to find your perfect pair!
Similar to how chips pair with a sandwich, cheese, and wine are complementary to one another. The technical reason as to why it relates to the specific taste and texture of both products. The chemical compounds within wine make the mouthfeel rough and dry. Cheese, in a way, lubricates the mouth, contributing both an interdependent taste and texture. Depending on the type, wine can be used to cleanse the palate and cheese provides an additional flavor that balances out the alcohol, so it is not overbearing.
There is a charming history behind the pairing that dates hundreds of years back in Europe. Wine and cheese is a tradition, mainly practiced in France and Italy with unique, regional wines and cheeses. This duet is very interchangeable and is specific to each taste. The Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro family are confident you will find your perfect pair.
What Do We Recommend?
If you have been in search of a restaurant in Farmingdale that can provide you with a wine and cheese European-style night we urge you to make a reservation. At Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro we offer a variety of wines and cheeses sure to satisfy your tastebuds. Although you are more than welcome to customize any combination you desire, our team has recommended their favorites:
- Prosecco and Parmesan. These Italian favorites are paired perfectly together. The saltiness of the Parmesan cheese is cut right through by the Prosecco’s sparkling bubbles, creating a delicious combination of salty and sweet.
- Cabernet Sauvignon and Gouda. This particular Cabernet is notorious for being a tannic wine. The distinct taste of aged gouda gives it a mouthwatering flavor.
- Malbec and Cheddar. Cheddar cheese is famously known for its sharp taste, and pairs wonderfully with Malbec wine, highlighting its decadent chocolate taste.
- Pinot Noir and Brie. Brie is composed of a multitude of delicious flavors. Therefore, the Pinot Noir compliments the brie-- not overpowering it.
- Sauvignon Blanc and Goat Cheese. This cheese is particularly tangy which makes it’s pair great with the simplicity of the white wine sauvignon blanc has.
So now that you know the basics, it’s time to find the perfect pair! The team at Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro are committed to making your night special and memorable. With a variety of wines and cocktails, as well as an extensive cheese, brunch, and dinner menu, we are confident you will enjoy your meal. Stop by any day of the week for a great time with friends and family! Visit our website and make a reservation today!