Spring has sprung! It’s that time of year when we are desperate to throw away the winter coats, get outside, and enjoy life! Similar to changing your wardrobe or diet, your taste for alcohol may change as well when transitioning seasons. Typically, people know their favorite wines and do not hesitate to reach for them year-round. However, the changing of the seasons brings a change in food cravings. Perhaps certain spring and early summer meals do not pair well with your favorite winter wine; therefore, you are more likely to reach for a new, maybe lighter or fruitier, wine or cocktail. Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro, a wine bar in Farmingdale, can assist you in finding your new, seasonal taste.
What are the best wines for spring?
It is important to familiarize yourself with the variety of warm weather wines so when you are lusting after the perfect bottle for a breezy night or sunny afternoon. Here are the most popular wines for the warm weather months:
- Sauvignon Blanc and blends
- Sauvignon Blanc is one of the most popular white wines in the United States. Often described as “grassy,” it has a crisp refreshing taste of herb, perfect for the warmer weather.
- Another popular white wine, Albarino is known for its signature citrus flavor, dry taste, and a hint of salt. Albarino is a perfect pair for seafood, especially ceviche.
- Riesling is a particularly fruity white wine. There is often a dominant taste of apricots, apples, peaches, and pears. It can be described as a crisp, dry wine that has a floral aroma and fruity taste.
- Pinot Grigio
- Pinot Grigio is notorious for its simplicity and refreshing taste. Its primary fruit flavors consist of lime, pear, lemon, white nectarine, and apple. Depending on where the wine is from, it may have a slight honey taste.
- The softer and more well-rounded champagne, Prosecco is rather dry but it's honey, green apple, and pear taste makes it sweet.
- The most popular spring and summer wine is rose. Rose has a very light and fruity taste featuring citrus, melon, and green flavors.
What Does Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro Offer for the Spring?Luckily, Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro offers all the above wines year-round! In addition, we offer a selection of signature drinks such as Vintage Lemonade and Mango Tango that will send you to a serene tropical island. If you have been in search of a wine bar in Farmingdale that can provide you with a classy, relaxed wine night, we urge you to visit our website. At Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro we offer a variety of wines and dinners that will satisfy your tastebuds year-round. Our team at Vintage is committed to making your night memorable. Stop by any day of the week for a great time with friends and family! Visit our website and make a reservation today!