Let’s talk about wine! For all the wine lovers out there, do you know the health benefits of both red and white wines? Have you ever wondered which wine is healthier? At Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro in Farmingdale, we wanted to find the answer to this question.
For starters, it is important to know the main difference between red and white wine. When making white wine, the grapes are pressed, and then the skins and stems are removed. When it comes to red wine, the grape juice is fermented with the grape skin, seeds, and stems.
Wine has many health benefits to be considered when decided which wine is healthier. White wine is specifically beneficial to lung health as it can help keep the tissue of the lungs healthy. White wine can also aid in preventing heart disease. On the other hand, it is clear that red wine holds more health benefits than white because of the important antioxidants it contains.
Why is red wine healthier than white wine?
- Red wine contains resveratrol, a powerful type of antioxidant. This antioxidant protects your blood vessels and can clear up blood clots. Resveratrols can also ease joint pain and help with diabetes.
- Red wine can slow down the growth of cancer cells to aid in the prevention of cancer.
- Red wine reduces blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Red wine improves the immune system.
- Red wine combats against harmful bacteria in the body.
- Red wine contains anti-inflammatory effects.
At Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro in Farmingdale, we have an extensive wine list containing many options from both red and white wines. Whether you prefer white or red, we have the perfect wine for each individual wine connoisseur.
Now that you’re craving the healthy benefits of wine, come to happy hour at Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro in Farmingdale.Join us Monday through Friday from 3-7 p.m. for $6 specials on tapas, house liquors, wine and $5 draft beers. Visit our website to take a look at the happy hour menu.