When gazing at the menu, looking at all the choices, it is often challenging to select which wine will be the best. There are so many different types and flavors that most people get confused and do not know which one to choose. You do not want to pick a wine that is too expensive, but you also do not want a mediocre tasting wine. At our restaurant in Farmingdale, Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro, we offer a wide range of great tasting Italian wines perfect for any budget.
Listed below are some of the excellent Italian wines offered at our restaurant in Farmingdale:
- Merlot has flavors of plum, chocolate, and cherry. It goes well with a variety of foods such as tomato-based sauces.
- Pinot Noir is a smooth red wine and is known for its cherry and raspberry flavor. It complements dishes like chicken, pork and tomato-based sauces as well. Visit our restaurant in Farmingdale to try our Uncle Louie’s Meatballs with fresh marinara and ricotta, topped with parmesan cheese.
- Cabernet Sauvignon is a trendy red wine and is known for its primary flavors of black cherry and black currant. It has a bold and rich taste make it an excellent pairing dish with intense flavors. Try it with our Short Rib Raviolis that is filled with all different flavors.
- Sauvignon Blanc is a light wine that has hints of apple and honeydew. It is crispy and acidic flavor make it go perfectly with cream/oil-based sauces. Here at Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro, we offer Spinach Raviolis served in a garlic and white wine sauce and chopped asparagus. A glass of Sauvignon Blanc will complement it wonderfully.
- Pinot Grigio has a pear yet lemon flavor and goes well with seafood and white meat dishes. Try our shrimp risotto with roasted pepper!
- Prosecco is a great sparkling wine that has flavors such as fruity and leaves a fresh taste. It also has some citrus, pear and apple flavor as well.
After all, if you are unsure of what wine pairs best with your meal, ask your waiter/waitress for help at Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro. They will guide you to the correct bottle that will help compliment your palette. Go on our website to make a reservation today at our restaurant in Farmingdale.